Pay Attention to Daniel’s Prophecy! 1999 P177
The 2,300 days constitute a prophetic period. Hence a prophetic year of 360 days, then, would amount to 6 years, 4 months, and 20 days. When was this period? well, in the 1930’s, God’s people began to experience increasing persecution in various countries. And during World War II Jehovah’s Witnesses were fiercely persecuted in the hands of the Anglo-American dual world power. Why? Because of their insistence on ‘obeying God as ruler rather than men.’ (Acts 5:29) Therefore, the 2,300 days must be associated with that war. But what can be said about the beginning and the end of this prophetic period?
For “the holy place” to be “brought”, or restored, to what it should be, the 2,300 days must have begun when it previously was in the “right condition” from God’s standpoint. At the earliest, this was on June 1, 1938, when The Watchtower published part 1 of the article “Organization.” Part 2 appeared in the issue of June 1, 1938. Counting 2,300 days (6 day, 4 months and 20 days on the Hebrew calendar) from June 1 or 15, 1938, brings us to October 8 or 22, 1944. On the first day of a special assembly held at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., on September 30 and October 1, 1944, the Watchtower Society’s charter was amended in an effort to bring it as close to a theocratic arrangement as the law would allow. With the publication of clarified Biblical requirements, theocratic organization was soon more fully installed in the congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
While the 2,300 days ran their course during World War II, which began in 1939, the offering of “the constant feature’ at God’s sanctuary was severely restricted because of persecution. In 1938 the Watchtower Society had 39 branches supervising the work of the witnesses worldwide, but by 1943 there were only 21. Increases in the number of Kingdom Proclaimers were also small during that period.
As we have noted, during the closing months of World War II, Jehovah’s Witnesses reaffirmed their determination to magnify God’s rulership by serving him as a theocratic organization. It was with this objective that the rearrangement of their work and governing structure was initiated in 1944. In fact, The Watchtower of October 15, 1944, contained an article entitled “Organized for Final Work.” It and other service-oriented articles of the same period indicated that the 2,300 days had ended and that “the Holy place” was again in its “right condition.”
The Enemy’s vicious attempts to desolate and destroy “the holy place” had failed completely. Indeed, the remaining “holy ones” on earth, along with their companions of the “great crowd,” had come off victorious.